If you are interested in the area of theoretical elementary particle physics and cosmology, we recommend to take the following courses:
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics/Quantum Field Theory (= Höhere Quantenmechanik)
- Theory-Proseminar: "The Early Universe"
- General Relativity (= Allgemeine Relativitätstheorie)
- Theoretical Elementary Particle Physics 1 (= Theoretische Elementarteilchenphysik 1)
- Group Theory and Applications
- Introduction to Supersymmetric Particle Physics
- Theoretical Cosmology
- Markov Chain Monte Carlo Methods
- Introduction to Computational Quantum Mechanics
- Mathematical Methods in Particle Physics
- Compact Stars and Black Holes
- Nuclear Astrophysics
Please contact Prof. Stefan Antusch for further information. Note that some of the courses will only be given every second year. For the course "Theoretical Elementary Particle Physics", it is necessary that you have heard "Advanced Quantum Mechanics" before, and for studying "Introduction to Supersymmetric Field Theories" the content of the course "Theoretical Elementary Particle Physics" is required.
We are offering project and Master theses on various topics in theoretical elementary particle physics and cosmology. Please contact Prof. Stefan Antusch for further information.